Click the +Register button on the top right of this page to start your submission.
Questions? Contact Ricardo Reyes, Silpe Gallery: email@example.com 860-768-4090
A catalog of work in the exhibition will be produced and provided free of charge to all accepted applicants.
• Open to the 50 United States and District of Columbia
• Submitted work must have been produced in the last two years
• Size may not exceed 30 inches in either direction of 25 pounds in weight
• Enter up to three pieces or sets.
• All exhibited work MUST BE FOR SALE.
• Retail price: Up to $500 per piece or set.
• We will exhibit NO substitute pieces.
• Work that is not the same piece that was accepted will be disqualified.
• Work must arrive in time for opening.
• Work which displays poor craftsmanship of fails to perform the function for which it is intended will be withdrawn from the exhibition.
The gallery will collect a 40% commission on all sales plus Connecticut State Sales Tax
Freight and Insurance:
1. The artist is responsible for freight and insurance to and from the Silpe Gallery, Hatford Art School
2. Unsold artwork without return postage must be picked up at the Silpe Gallery between 10:00am and 4:00pm by September 28, 2019. Any artwork remaining at the Silpe Gallery after that deadline will become the property of the Hartford Art School
3. The Silpe Gallery does not insure works of art on display. Although every professional precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of all work, the Silpe Gallery, Hartford Art School, and the University of Hartford cannot be held liable for any loss or damage. Artists who desire to insure their work will need to make their own arrangements.
Digital Image Requirements:
1. Submit up to two images of each piece you are entering.
2. For best quality, save your image as a RAW or TIFF file and resize it in that format. Then save it as a high quality jpeg before uploading
3. Incorporate your first or last name into the file names of your uploaded images to help make the file names unique. Please avoid using simple names like “cup.jpeg” or “drinking vessel.jpeg”
4. Digital image size should be 1920 pixels on the long side and a maximum file size of 3 megs
5. The Jpeg should have a resolution of 144 to 300 dpi
6. Do not apply any text directly on the image
7. The Silpe Gallery, University of Hartford reserves the right to reproduce images of accepted works for catalog or advertising purposes. Your entry into the exhibition constitutes agreement with this understanding.